Accompanied by a surprise special guest, Xavier and Henry return for some discussion of Steve Jobs and the iPad Pro, before waxing lyrical about pie, podcasts, and the role of social media in the aftermath of the tragedy in Paris last week. Continue reading →
Only a month between podcasts! Worth a celebratory cake, I would say. The fact that it’s Digixav’s fourth birthday and we’ve finally started doing the whole video thing when it comes to podcasts. Xavier ensured it was on Henry‘s face the whole time, but that’s not the point. Join us for chatter about Microsoft’s Surface Book, Apple’s typographical transitions, LG’s forgettable foray into computing, and a few too many coughs.
- Sony’s waterproof retraction
- Microsoft makes a laptop
- LG also makes a laptop
- Self-driving Pink Batman Tesla
- Chicago Cubs goat curse
- XVH Soundsystem on Surge Radio
Remember us? Didn’t think so. Henry and Xavier, though, are back with a delightful ramble that, clocking in at over 100 minutes and in a delightful mono format, qualifies as a podcast. Join the fun as we discuss Xavier’s conversion to a smartwatch, Sony’s pixels on pixels, and Henry’s Applification. Now with added broken promises about liveblogging Apple events!
- Android Phone Name Generator
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- The Verge: Sony launches Xperia Z5 family with fingerprint sensor and new camera
- The Verge: LG’s $1,200 Urbane Luxe wraps short-lived technology in timeless gold
- Xavier’s Madeon review
- Robert Scoble
If the Digixav Podcast were Futurama, Bender’s exclamations of return would have grown old and decrepit. That won’t stop us, though, as Henry and Xavier return exactly a year after their last outing to deliberate this year’s award winners. And, being our venerable podcasters, they spend most of the time talking about Taylor Swift sheet music, Threes addiction and will.i.am’s latest attempts at becoming a technology mogul.
- Polygon’s Escape Dead Island review
- The Kanye West & Paul McCartney collaboration
- LG’s transparent Firefox phone
- will.i.am makes.a.smartwatch
- will.i.am makes.a.lexus
- Xavier on Twitter
- Henry on Twitter
Xavier, Chris and Henry are back. Again. This time, when they can bear to leave poor Flavor Flav alone, they talk through the Editors’ Choice and Readers’ Choice awards. Stay tuned to the end for special culture prizes, with Miley Cyrus finally getting some recognition from her number 1 fan.
- 2013 Digixav Editors’ Choice Awards
- 2013 Digixav Readers’ Choice Awards
- Farming Simulator Mad Skill
- Flavor Flav’s Flavor of Love – Wikipedia
- Are You Geared Up? Samsung Galaxy Gear advert
- Soda Drinker Pro
- Algae to crude oil conversion
- Probably some others
It’s been a busy week in consumer technology and the world in general but also for our podcast squadron, who didn’t really have a chance to meet up and talk tech. Chris and Xavier found half an hour on Sunday night, though, so here is a show where we sound totally unprepared and blast through the headlines like there’s no tomorrow. WARNING: The creepy voice of Chris lives on, dear listener.
- Sony Xperia Z1 – Huffington Post
- Sony lens cameras
- Xavier on Samsung’s stuff
- Xavier’s Apple event preview
- Nintendo 2DS
- Microsoft’s Nokia acquisition
- Ylvis – The Fox
You may think that it’s been a slow news week, but our triad of podcasters can always spin an hour-long show out of any news, no matter how small. From golden flip phones and iPhones to LG’s latest tablet, coined Samsung Homeboy, Xavier, Henry and Chris take you on an excruciatingly musical journey past Steve Ballmer‘s potential replacements Chandrasekar Rathakrishnany and John Legere, Xavier’s review of Nokia’s Lumia 720 and olinguitos that play video games. It’s a fun ride, so join us for the trip.